Sports & Pupil Premium
Like most schools, Benchill Primary School receives Pupil Premium funding to assist the progress of students who are in receipt of free school meals.
If your child already receives Free School Meals and you wish to discuss support then please contact his or her class teacher in the first instance. It is worth remembering that your son or daughter does not have to take free school meals in order to qualify for Pupil Premium.
If you feel that your child should be entitled to a free school meal you will need to contact the benefits office. The school office can offer you assistance in whether you would be entitled.
|Pupil Premium Report - December 2021 FINAL with Impact statement December 2022.pdf||Download|
Sports Grant - Evidencing the Impact
The government is providing additional funding of £150m per annum for academic years 2013-14 to 2016-17 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport and primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - has been allocated to primary school head teachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sports in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this.
Benchill Primary School has decided to use the money to:
- employ other specialists to work alongside our teachers when teaching PE in order to strengthen teaching and learning in this subject across the school
- support and engage the least active children in physical activities
- pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- increase pupils' participation in the sports and physical activies
- provide places for pupils on after school sports clubs
- improve resources to support the development of the subject.
The impact of the use of the grant will be reviewed at the end of each year.
This document details how we spend our sports grant: